1890 home of pioneer storekeeper. Artifacts and exhibits. The Stanwood/Camano Island area is home to nine historic sites that reflect where people lived, played, worked and were laid to rest in the late 1800s and early 1900s. The 1890 D. O. Pearson House, home to the general store owner and first mayor of Stanwood, serves as a museum operated by the Stanwood Area Historical Society. Changing exhibits feature settlers from the eastern U.S. and Europe and their interactions with local Skagit and Stillaguamish tribes. Other locations include Floyd Norgaard Cultural Center, Little White Church on the Hill, Camano Pioneer Cemetery, Hevly Cash Store, and Cama Beach Resort.
Hours: Open Wed, Fri, Sun 1:00 - 4:00 pm, tours by appointment, no charge for admission but donations are welcome.