SPORTS COMMISSION SEEKING SPORTS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Snohomish County Sports Commission promotes Snohomish County as a premier destination for youth and amateur sports.
The Sports Development Manager will promote and sell Snohomish County as a premier sports events’ destination. The Sports Development Manager will be responsible for soliciting new sports events and maintain existing sports events. The main goal is to increase hotel room nights and generate additional visitor spending in Snohomish County.
- Lead strategic efforts in developing and presenting multi-component bid proposals including all aspects of the bid process: lead distribution, coordination of hotel and venue requirements, and community involvement.
- Cultivate and manage key community relationships with area hotel, venues, community leaders and local sports organizations.
- Establish a strong working relationship with key decision makers of regional and national sports organizations, conferences and associations.
- Ability to prospect and qualify new sports events that are suited for Snohomish County.
- Attend sports related tradeshows and meetings to promote Snohomish County as a sports destination.
- Follow up with lead sources by inquiry, tradeshows, sales missions, and trade publications.
- Plan, organize and participate in event organizer/planner site visits.
- Secure sponsorships and assist writing grant applications as needed for sports events.
- Participate in Hall of Fame planning committee and assist with event execution.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, with a preference for sports administration/management or hospitality management.
- A minimum of three years of related work experience required.
- Candidate must have experience within the sports tourism or related industry.
- Ability to prospect for new business.
- Demonstrated time management skills, exceptional organizational skills, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrate strong self-initiative and follow-through.
- Strong background in delivering outstanding customer service.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Effective project management skills with proficiency at planning long- and short-term programs.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and interpersonal.
- Experience working with CRM systems in tracking leads and event opportunities.
- Must have computer and technology skills.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Requires the willingness and ability to travel as needed and work weekend and holidays as job requires.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and able to stand for several hours.
Equal opportunity employer. Salary, exempt position. Complete benefit package including medical, dental and vision.
ABOUT SNOHOMISH COUNTY SPORTS COMMISSION
The Snohomish County Sports Commission (SCSC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. The Snohomish County Sports Commission works to enhance Snohomish County's economy, image as a premier sports destination, and way of life for its residents by attracting diverse regional, national and international athletic events, assisting existing athletic events, supporting development of new athletic events and facilities, and marketing recreational and leisure activities to athletic event organizers and participants.
Deadline for applications is Friday, October 25, 2019. No phone calls will be accepted.
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to Tammy Dunn, Executive Director, Snohomish County Sports Commission, 6705 Puget Park Drive, Snohomish, WA 98296 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.